Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Playing with Vintage Flour Sacks

What is a girl to do when she is needing curtains for the Glamper?  You pull out your stash of old vintage doilies, napkins and flour sacks from my catch all container.


Decided that I wanted to use some of my flour sacks to make a curtain.  So I pulled out the flour sacks and laid them out to see what I actually had.   I didn't have enough to just use the flour sacks so, I added some of the doilies and napkins.
 
 
The flour sacks that I had were pretty faded, some had been cut or torn.   I decided to go with various sizes and to leave edges tattered and even made the seams on the outside to add to the shabby look. 
 
 
I absolutely Love how they turned out.  You can see more pictures of the curtains, here. I had two that were actually still a sack so I made pillows out of those to place also use in Glamper. 
 
 
 

As you can see they are very faded, and you can barely see the print.  I added a few extra decorations, to give it more character. 


This one is from the Shawnee Milling Co in Shawnee, Oklahoma.

I had plans of taking them to the Glamper, and place them here in the dining area with the curtains, but the rain changed my mind for the moment.  I started playing around with them in different places in the house. 

This is a corner of my dining room.  I really like the way it looks here in the corner sitting in an old chair with a bonnet that both belonged to my Aunt Sis.  They may or may not now make it to the Glamper. 

I am linking up at the following:
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours

Stay Charmed!
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment