Monday, August 19, 2013

Altered Books

 
 Book Makeovers

 
Marvelous Monday to you!  Hope that you had a great weekend.  We had a marathon work day on Saturday and then on Sunday, my Mr. Prince Charming, had to go back to work, so that left me rambling around on my own.  I have two shows coming up back to back, in just a few weeks.  YIKES!   Saturday, we spent most of the time cleaning and getting project ready to work on. Dust was flying from the sander and as usual I ended up with as much paint on me as my projects.   So I have several larger pieces now ready to begin repurposing. 

Sunday I started working on a few of the books that I had torn off covers from and had them stained and ready to add the "charm".  I had found the perfect graphics from The Graphics Fairy that I wanted to use.  I printed them out and did a little bit of distressing and added to the cover before adding lace, flowers, tags, charms and torn tattered doilies.  I love the way they turned out.  They will be making their way to my website and booth space this week.

 
 
 
I will be linking up at Brag Monday with The Graphic Fairy.  Until next time!
 
Stay Charmed,
Shelley
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!I like the look of these books very much..My compliments for your work:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you stopped in to visit my blog!

      Delete
  2. Hermosos, me encanta lo vintage.
    Felicidades.
    Maru
    Chile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you, so happy that you stopped by for a visit.

      Delete